Title : ICU Registered Nurse | Intensive Care Unit RN | Night Shift
Department : ICU Nurse
Type : Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
ICU Registered Nurse at Vail Health
Full Time - Night Shift
Video Clip: Relocation Assistance, Housing & Transportation Options Available to Vail Employees
About the Position: ICU RN - Night Shift
The ICU Registered Nurse at Vail Health assumes responsibility and accountability for providing expert, compassionate and individualized nursing care for patients and their families in collaboration with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
The ICU RN will provide care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. Our nurses work in the critical care unit of a hospital and look after patients who have experienced invasive surgery, accidents or trauma.
The New Intensive Care Unit
The completion of this project is a milestone in the hospital's Master Facility Plan which began in August 2015 with the goal of making Eagle County a center of medical excellence in the region and improving the healthcare available to the community and its guests.
The renovation provides five brand new state-of-the-art ICU patient rooms that have been designed with patient-centered care and safety as a priority. To this end the rooms are positioned directly off of a centralized nurse station. In addition the new space provides more efficient work areas for VVMC's entire care team including space for medication preparation and quick access to medical supplies.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement plan - 403(b)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Child care reimbursement
- Tuition assistance program
- Health club subsidy
- One year of critical care experience strongly preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) required.
- CCRN preferred.
Featured Video: Rick Talks About Vail Health's Culture and the Type of Person Vail Attracts
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world.
Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors,
- Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- The 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#registerednursejobs #icunurse #icurn #intensivecareunit #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital