Shape the future of healthcare in the underserved community
About the Role
Join the passionate team at Legacy Community Health as our Medical Director of Adult Medicine. This role is ideal for an innovative and dedicated Physician Leader, eager to make a significant impact within a community-focused healthcare system. As part of our team, you'll enjoy a collaborative environment that encourages professional growth, innovation, and excellence in care.
About Legacy Community Health
Legacy Community Health, an inclusive organization with a diverse staff and leadership team, is passionately committed to providing care to all in the community, regardless of their ability to pay.
As the largest full-service Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Texas and the 5th largest in the USA, we pride ourselves on our dedication to quality care and fostering a supportive work environment.
- Champion value-based care practices, working with leadership to train and update clinicians.
- Supervise site medical directors, supporting providers to improve clinical practice.
- Lead the adult medicine service line, steering both its growth and sustainability.
- Collaborate with other service line directors to ensure alignment across services at Legacy.
- Set care standards, providing evidence-based guidelines and decision support tools to aid providers.
- Define productivity standards, oversee panel size and distribution, and manage peer chart reviews.
- Serve as a community representative for Legacy in adult medicine and represent the discipline in the budget process.
- Recruit and onboard providers, fostering their successful integration into the organization.
- Create implementation plans for pilot projects or change initiatives.
- Develop strategies to manage transitions of care for patients.
- Liaise with the EHRS/IT team, ensuring discipline-related content is relevant and up-to-date.
- Advise Clinical Medical Directors and operational site directors on improvement strategies.
- Work with the Grants team and the Billing department, supporting the optimization of compliance and revenue.
- Lead marketing and community outreach initiatives to enhance visibility and patient traffic.
- Prepare the department for clinical audits and ensure clinical practice aligns with audit requirements.
- Collaborate on research projects with the research team/pharmaceuticals.
- Maintain regular clinic hours as determined by the needs of the service line.
Objective Key Results (OKRs) for the Position:
- Increase the number of clinicians trained in value-based care practices.
- Improve the on-call response rate for after-hours emergencies.
- Expand the active patient base in the adult medicine service line.
- Establish regular cross-service alignment meetings.
- Introduce new evidence-based care guidelines.
- Improve productivity based on defined standards.
- Increase the representation of adult medicine concerns in the budget process.
- Successfully recruit and onboard new providers for adult medicine.
- Implement significant change initiatives with positive feedback from stakeholders.
- Reduce readmissions through improved transitions of care.
- Ensure discipline-related content is up-to-date within the EHR system.
- Implement new improvement strategies and achieve positive feedback on their effectiveness.
- Assist in securing new grants and increase departmental revenue through optimized billing practices.
- Increase patient traffic and community visibility through targeted outreach efforts.
- Achieve compliance in the next clinical audit by preparing the department effectively.
- Publish research papers in collaboration with the research team/pharmaceuticals.
- Maintain an average of clinic hours throughout the year, adapting to service line needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 7 years post-training clinical practice experience as a physician.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership/management experience.
- Must be credentialed and privileged according to Legacy’s standards and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency in decision-making responsibilities.
- Experience in interacting and collaborating effectively with other physicians.
- Ability to establish relationships with different groups of internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Highly organized with strategic thinking for both short-term and long-term goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated growth and continuous learning in the medical field.
- Ability to provide clinical expertise and support operational/clinical service line initiatives.
- Proficiency in practice management and coaching.
- Adaptable, curious, and strong leadership/change management skills.
Education, Certification, Licenses, Training Required:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) graduate from an accredited medical school.
- Current certification in Internal Medicine by the ABIM with evidence of current competence within the last 12 months.
- At least 2 years of experience in an FQHC environment.
- Experience in supporting clinical programs across departments and initiating and developing programs preferred.
- BLS (CPR & AED) Certified.
Perks and Benefits:
Legacy Community Health offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Long-Term Disability insurance and Life insurance with AD&D.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan.
- Employee Assistance Plan.
- Subsidized Gym Membership.
- 24-hour Travel Assistance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Company Holidays.
- Bereavement Leave.
- PTO Exchange Benefit: Convert a portion of your accrued but unused PTO hours for use toward several benefits such as 403(b) retirement contributions, student loan payments or tuition, and leave sharing donations to fellow employees.
If you are a qualified physician leader passionate about community health and eager to shape the future of healthcare at Legacy Community Health, we invite you to apply. Join us and make your mark on our mission to improve community health, one person at a time.
Join Legacy Community Health, where you can contribute significantly to our mission of promoting community health, one person at a time. We are excited to meet an innovative physician leader ready to make a difference. Apply today!
Legacy Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.