"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 25 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
The position is for our Memorial City location. It is responsible for the overall verification of patients’ health coverage with patients’ insurance company to ensure necessary procedures are covered by the provider prior to patient appointments. Responsible for entering primary and secondary insurance data in an accurate manner, verify that existing information is accurate, and to update patient benefit information in the system. Responds to all internal and external phone inquiries regarding patient benefits and financial obligations. Interaction with front office staff and insurance companies on a daily basis is necessary in order to coordinate patients’ insurance information and compete the verification process. Creates financial assessments based on insurance verification and radiation treatment plan.
Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Verify eligibility and benefits based on radiation treatment.
Verify eligibility and benefits plus load insurance for patients with a change of insurance.
Re-verify eligibility and benefits on existing patients prior to first visit of a new year
Work schedules and add-ons to identify patients that need re-verifications.
Notify appropriate parties on all insurance changes.
Work all responses with errors; check all Medicare to see if patient is on a Medicare replacement; check to verify plan hasn’t changed; check to verify network hasn’t changed.
Initiate and submit all treatment pre-authorizations based on insurance guidelines, and diligently follow up with status including working authorizations for appeal processes.
Work with Authorizations to obtain referrals.
Creation of financial assessment based on insurance verification and plan of treatment.
Any other duties requested by management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicate with patients and fellow employees Via Company Email clearly and timely
· Interact professionally with clients and fellow employees
· Cooperate with team members to accomplish departmental goals
· Accept and incorporate changes or new ideas into daily work. · Provide service in a responsive, timely and accurate manner to both clients and fellow employees.
· Understand and adhere to policies and procedures
· Arrive at work as scheduled and notify supervisors in a timely manner of any absences
· Recognize priorities and take action; make productive use of time
· Strive to resolve problems and conflicts on his/her own initiative
· Attempt to create new ideas or new procedures working as part of a group or individually
· Any other activity as directed by the doctor, supervisor or administrator
· 2or more years of experience in healthcare verification/authorization insurance
· Medical and Radiation Oncology experience preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Spanish bi-lingual preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge of computer programs.
· Knowledge of business office procedures. · Knowledge of health insurances.
· Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
· Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
· Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
· Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
· Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Normal office environment. Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Occasional overtime may be required. COMMENTS: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.