"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the memorial city location.
About the Position:
This position requires the induvial to be responsible for reviewing charges in a timely and accurate manner depending on the standard two-business day timeframe.
Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
Daily review of all charges for any discrepancies.
Audit, correct and make changes to charges as needed
Responsible for working the Production Status Report daily
Communicate with appropriate staff for any charge discrepancies and make changes accordingly.
Keep upper management aware of and up to date on payer trends
Have outstanding charge issues prepared for the biller so they can report at the physicians Monday morning meeting
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but not limited to mailing paper claims, faxing, copying, scanning, making calls, spreadsheets, verifying benefits and researching incorrect patient information
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 2 years of experience.
· Organized, self-sufficient, hardworking, analytical and detailed orientated.
· Extensive experience with managed care and Medicare.
· Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS coding.
· Strong math skills and the ability to reconcile & balance patient accounts vs. EOB's
· Experience in electronic billing and/or paper claims submission.
· Ability to explain medical necessity based on the patient's written medical documentation.
· Skilled at claims follow-up, data entry, 10-Key Calculator and customer service
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook. · Experience in Centricity A+.
· Oncology experience A+.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
COMMENTS: This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.