"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX, for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to providing state-of-the-art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region...
About the Position
Integrity of data collection is foundational to success of Oncology Consultants (OC) in value-based and quality care programs. The Quality Care Coordinator is responsible for data abstraction to demonstrate compliance with QC program requirements for assigned patient populations, management of the practice data registry, communication of critical time points to the clinical care team, and coordination of actions to achieve program goals. The QCC works with the Quality Care Initiative (QCI) team to maintain, abstract and report required data for all quality care program compliance requirements.
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate patient care using multiple advanced computer programs, such as EHR, PMS, Population Health programs.
- Manage the Quality Care Population Health data registry(ies).
- Achieve and maintain advanced knowledge of Quality Care program requirements as an integral member of the QCI team.
- Assume responsibility for a designated patient population.
- Conduct regular chart reviews to assess and maintain compliance with Quality Care goals.
- Abstract data appropriate to multiple Quality Care initiatives
- Identify and report deviations from expected performance to the QCI team leader
- Promote data integrity through collaboration with providers and OC staff to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- Verify that required Quality Care patient care activities are appropriately scheduled
- Identify gaps in documentation and communicate to the responsible clinical care team members.
- Validate participation in Quality Care programs based on oral drugs prescribed by OC providers through specific audits and documentation of findings in the EHR
- Verify identity of dispensing pharmacy
- Obtain & record dispense date(s)
- Contact patient to obtain missing pharmacy information
- Identify and report any potential adherence concerns to the clinical care team
- Collaborate with the Verification Team to confirm insurance status for continued payer-specific Quality Care program participation
- Identify potential gaps in care, such as missing planned / scheduled clinic visits, which may indicate patient is lost to follow up or transitioned care out of OC.
- Communicate gaps in care to the clinical care team.
- Identify referrals for care outside OC and confirm that documentation is complete.
- Communicate missing documentation to the clinical care team
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of college, focus on healthcare or public health is preferred. 1 or more years of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic to extensive knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis coding, clinical procedures, medical records, and health insurance. Nursing, public health, or oncology experience is preferred.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.