"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced Front Office Assistant for our radiation clinic in Memorial City. The Front Office is integral in the smooth operation of the practice. They greet patients, administer patient registration and verify patient insurance benefits, schedule and confirm patient appointments, collect co-pays, answer incoming calls and provide superior patient relations.
- Mon - Fri: 11:45 am - 9 pm
- Welcome all patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answering inquiries and directs them through the registration process.
- Utilize a multi-line phone system, fax machine, printer, copier, and scanner to process patients through the registration process.
- Answer phones and transfer phone calls to corresponding employees.
- Register patients, verifying insurance eligibility as needed, and collecting payments through various software systems.
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, post patient balances.
- Schedule patient appointments
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Discharge Patients, assist office and clinical staff and close office at end of shift.
- Assist in the coverage of Front Office duties in other locations as needed or required.
- Other clerical responsibilities as needed.
- Bilingual- A+ but not mandatory
- Computer literate
- High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented with one year of work related experience
- A qualified candidate is a professional, dependable, flexible and self-motivated person.
- Must have knowledge health insurance, including HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task, possess good computer skills, have a good attitude, be personable, and flexible.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.