"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Corpus Christi TX for over 35 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region..
About the Position
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner with Oncology experience to expand our clinics in the Corpus Christi area. .You will be joining a practice which has achieved it QOPI Certification (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative). This will be an outpatient position in a practice with 1 radiation oncologist and 15 medical oncologists. The ideal candidate will have oncology experience. Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. In this role, assessment, communication skills, and problems solving techniques are used to deliver quality care and to facilitate physician productivity. This highly respected role is also incremental in acting as a liaison for oncology patients and working in concert with clinic and case management staff in order to meet the clinical needs of patients
- To assist physicians
- The NP will cover the Corpus Christi Cancer Center when any physician is absent and the clinic requires a mid-level provider to cover patient visits and supervise chemotherapy.
- Will be a part of the provider call rotation after credentialing is complete.
- All scheduling will be coordinated by the Clinical Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; monitoring clinic activity and active therapy; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records ensuring all documentation is complete in a timely manner.
- Assess and treat assigned patients by the physician either independently (under supervision) or jointly with the physician.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; providing counsel on emotional problems of daily living;
- Establish guidelines for promotion of wellness in conjunction with other mid-level providers that involves patients of all requesting physicians from the Westside offices of Oncology Consultants.
- Evaluation and care procurement of patients under the wellness program.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Genetic counseling of patients in the Westside that any OC physician refers for such counseling.
- Support the physician patients as well as attend therapy areas in the absence of a physician on the Westside.
- Promote and educate nursing staff and other on new therapies or procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management of needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information and educational opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned by the Medical Officer or Practice Management
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Medical Center | Memorial City | Sugar Land | Katy | Willowbrook | Southwest Northwest | West Houston/ Corpus Christi
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.