The Harris Center is looking for an experienced Licensed Therapist to join our team providing Mental Health services to Harris County
About the Position
The Registered Nurse at The Harris Center provides nursing care to patients with mental and/or developmental disabilities as part of the interdisciplinary team. You will utilize a five-step nursing process, which involves assessment, analysis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Using that process, you will perform diagnostic tests, administer medications, set up equipment, and apply therapeutic treatments. Thorough documentation will need to be maintained regarding the client’s signs, symptoms, test results, behaviors, and responses to medications and treatments so as to best meet the needs of patients and meet compliance needs.
About our Outpatient Mental Health Services
At The Harris Center, we are passionate about helping our clients live to their fullest potential. Each person that visits our outpatient clinics throughout Harris County has their own unique diagnoses, symptoms, and functioning levels, so our teams create service plans specially designed to meet the unique needs of each person.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Prescription plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plans with company matching
- Free banking
- Generous PTO
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- New hire referral bonus
- Various discounts (mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities)
- Loan Repayment Programs
- Shift Differential for Relief (PRN) shifts
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program with an ADN, BSN, or Diploma
- Valid Registered Nurse license
- 1 year of nursing experience
- 1 year of mental health, behavioral health, or intellectual disability nursing, preferred
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.