The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for a new Chief Financial Officer to join our team!
About the Position
The Chief Financial Officer at The Harris Center will be joining an executive team on the front lines of innovation and transformation to care for those with behavioral health and IDD needs in the fourth largest county in the US. One of the top priorities for any member of our executive team is to ensure high-quality care, regardless of a patient’s ability to pay, as well as reduce the criminalization of mental illness in our community. As the CFO at the largest community mental health provider in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, you will be accountable for the financial operations of The Harris Center by executing strategic plans and providing fiscal oversight to reach our goals and objectives. In this role, you will have the ability to make decisions concerning the hiring or discharging of staff as well as the authority to review, approve, and deny recommendations and decisions made by directors and managers.
- Report to the CEO with effective advice concerning company strategies and implementation, functions, and outside vendors and service providers
- Manage Finance and Accounting, Budget, Revenue Management, Purchasing, and other administrative departments
- Coordinate complex business transactions, negotiate critical contracts, and financial management
- Provide instructional leadership to department heads and participate in the development and implementation of relevant aspects of the organization's strategic plan, administrative policies and procedures, and budgets
- Produce and submit the Agency's annual budget within prescribed format and timeline
- Act as the investment officer of The Harris Center and ensure investment policy and strategy as approved by the Board of Trustees is being observed
- Oversee negotiations and relationships with managed care organizations
- Direct procurement and monitor compliance with federal and state laws
- Create and present financial reports to board members with relevant facts and circumstances
- Up to $15k in Relocation Reimbursement and Sign-On Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Master’s Degree in Science (MS), Public Health (MPH), Business Administration (MBA), or Health Administration (MHA), preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in one above field required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 7 years of Accounting experience
- 2 years of leadership experience
- 5 years of experience in Behavioral Health or General Health practice, preferred
- Experience in a large and complex environment required
- Experience with financial operations of a governmental entity, preferred
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.