The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for an experienced Paralegal to join our team
About the Position
The Paralegal at The Harris Center will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Contracts and Real Estate in order to provide legal, contract, and administrative support to the Legal Services and Contract Services teams. Your main focus will be conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, and supporting the contract review and approval process as well as drafting contracts, managing workflows, and coordinating documents and signatures. Additionally, the Legal Services or the Contract Services departments may assign additional tasks based on workload and the needs of the team.
What You Will Do
- Review, research legal issues, prepare and/or draft contracts, and other legal documents with attention to details and accuracy
- Develops contracts and cases by maintaining contact with all parties involved with the contract, preparing written contract summaries or memos, closing out contracts in a timely manner and in accordance with Departmental closing procedures, and drafting appropriate correspondence to inform, closeout or secure signatures
- Support outside counsel with litigation and discovery matters
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field
- Completion of a Paralegal Studies program
- Valid Paralegal Certification
- 5 years of experience as a paralegal
- Contract development experience, required
- 3 years of experience working with a governmental or healthcare entity, preferred
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.