The Harris Center is looking for an experienced LVN to join our team
About the Position
The Licensed Vocational Nurse at The Harris Center works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician to assist in determining the needs of patients and perform nursing services as assigned, such as diagnostic tests, medication administration, equipment set up, and therapeutic treatments. You will utilize a four-step nursing process, which involves assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Using that process, you will perform diagnostic tests, administer medications, set up equipment, and apply therapeutic treatments under the direction of the provider. Thorough documentation will need to be maintained regarding the client’s signs, symptoms, test results, behaviors, and responses to medications and treatments so as to best meet the needs of patients and meet compliance needs.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Prescription plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plans with company matching
- Free banking
- Generous PTO
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- New hire referral bonus
- Various discounts (mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities)
- Loan Repayment Programs
- Shift Differential for Relief (PRN) shifts
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- 1 year of nursing experience
- 1 year of mental health, behavioral health, or intellectual disability nursing, preferred
About The Harris Center
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.