The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for a new Vice President of Behavioral Health to join our team!
About the Position
The Vice President of Behavioral Health at The Harris Center will be responsible for overseeing more than 70 care locations, 1,300 employees, and $150 million in operating funds. You will be directly supervising specialized social and clinical functions in our Mental Health services and providing administrative and fiscal oversight. As the VP of IDD and Behavioral Health, you will be responsible for establishing the strategic vision of various units and departments as well as making sure these meet goals and objectives. You will need to evaluate performance with the view of making decisions regarding hiring and discharging staff, delivery of services, and the overall strategic vision of The Harris Center. The VP may need to travel and needs flexible hours as you will be responsible for some 24/7 programs and facilities.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Master's Degree in Social Sciences or Public Administration
- Valid LCSW, LMFT, or LPC license
- 10 years of experience in supervisory role with fiscal responsibility
- 5 years of direct clinical experience
About The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.