The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for a new Vice President of Crisis Medical Services to join our team!
About the Position
The Vice President of Crisis Medical Services will operate under the administrative supervision of the Chief Medical Officer in order to provide medical leadership and supervision to the Medical Directors within the CPEP division of The Harris Center. You will need to assess, formulate, and direct the treatment and administration of routine and emergency psychiatric care within the division, which consists of the Psychiatric Emergency, Crisis, and Step-Down programs of The Harris Center.. The Crisis Medical Services VP will work alongside the VP of CPEP Services and the VP of Mental Health Services in order to establish and execute policies that impact clinical services and transition of care in addition to providing clinical oversight to the utilization management program throughout the Agency. You will need to travel throughout Harris County as you will represent the CPEP Division within the medical community at large.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Graduate from an approved College of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Completion of General and/or Child Psychiatry residency
- Board-eligible or Board-Certified in General Psychiatry
- Licensed to practice medicine in State of Texas
- DEA number, Texas Controlled Substance number, and Triplicate Prescriptions
- 1 year of community psychiatry experience
- Experience in forensic psychiatry, preferred
About The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.