The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for an experienced Direct Support Professional or Residential Specialist to join our IDD team!
About the Position
The Residential Specialist at The Harris Center serves as a Direct Support Professional by providing services to individuals with mental disabilities. These services include training and instructing consumers in learning skills, providing transportation, and medication monitoring. You will need to carefully maintain consumer records in order to effectively communicate with the treatment team. The Residential Specialist plays a vital role as the direct contact with our consumers on an everyday level in order to provide daily service delivery and care for the residential facility.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Ability to transport in agency or personal vehicle
- 2 years of Direct Support or related experience
About The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.