The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD is looking for an experienced Registered Dietician to join our Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) program!
About the Position
The Registered Dietician at The Harris Center will provide guidance and technical assistance to the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI), Integrated Health, and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Programs. As the Registered Dietician Nutritionist (RDN), you will evaluate consumers and make recommendations regarding nutrition care plans based on the consumer's needs and expectations. This will include advising individuals enrolled in the ECI program on nutritional principles, dietary plans, and diet modifications, as well as food selection and preparation. You will work directly with our nursing department and allied health staff in developing training modules and nutritional plans associated with health promotions and wellness eating lifestyles as well as aid in developing program marketing materials.
About the Early Childhood Intervention Program
ECI is a statewide program within the Texas Health and Human Services Commission for families with children from birth up to age 3 with developmental delays, disabilities, or certain medical diagnoses that may impact development. ECI services support families as they learn how to help their children grow and learn. Our services include specialized skills training, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional services, assistive technology assistance, and referrals.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(a), 403(b), or 457 retirement plans with matching
- Generous PTO
- Competitive salary
- Family and Medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Loan Repayment Coordination Assistance
- Professional development programs
- New hire referral bonus
- Master's Degree, preferred
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian (LD) with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians
- Trained in programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- 2 years of experience as a Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist / Licensed Dietitian working with persons at nutritional risk
About The Harris Center for Mental Health & IDD
The Harris Center is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The Harris Center provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve our community. We are committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.