Vail Health is Hiring an Experienced OR/Surgical Technician
We are offering a $7k Sign-On Bonus and up to $5k for Relocation
Eddie Talks About the Team He Works With In the Operating Room at Vail Health
About the Position
Surgical Technicians work alongside the rest of the surgical team throughout various procedures. Prior to surgery, the OR Technician will prepare the OR by ensuring all necessary equipment is disinfected, assembled, and in working order; and the patient by cleaning, shaving, and disinfecting the area to be operated on. During surgery, you will pass sterile surgical equipment to the surgeon, cut sutures, operate lights, and help dress the patient's wounds. You will also monitor the patient's vitals and observe their status. The Surgical Tech at Vail Health operates under the supervision of an RN.
The Surgical Unit at Vail Health
When surgery is required to treat a disease or injury, or to help improve bodily function or appearance, Vail Health's facilities and care team are trusted by locals and visitors alike. The surgeons and support staff of Surgical Associates are experts in emergency and trauma care and also specialize in general surgery, as well as cancer, laparoscopic and critical care surgeries.
Jaclyn and Kristine Talk About Working at Vail Health
Hourly Rate: $28.17 - 42.25
- $7k for sign-on bonus and up to $5k for relocation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare reimbursement ($1000 for one child, $2,000 for two or more children)
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
- 1 year of experience as an OR Technician in a Hospital setting
- Current Surgical Technologist certification in the state of Colorado
- Current BLS certification
Surgical Tech Talks About Being Apart of Making History at Vail Health
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#surgicaltech #surgicaltechnician #ortech #vailhealth #vailhealthhospital #vail #vailCO #colorado