Vail Health is looking for an experienced Emergency Room RN to join our team
President & CEO of Vail Health Talks About the Opportunities Offered
About the Position
An Emergency Room RN at Vail Health focuses on providing care for patients suffering from trauma or other illnesses that require emergency attention. You must be able to recognize and treat life-threatening conditions and rapidly assess and treat patients in critical situations. As an ER RN, you need to work at maximum efficiency without compromising quality of care, especially when under pressure.
About the Emergency Room
The Emergency Room at Vail Health is a Level III Trauma Center offering 24-hour immediate coverage by general surgeons, as well as coverage by the specialties of orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, radiology and critical care. We offer emergency trauma care to infants, pediatrics, adolescents and adults of all ages. Our highly trained staff is qualified to care for medical emergencies and stabilization of critical patients with full resuscitation capabilities. The Emergency Department serves the emergency medical needs of the community and visitors by treating all walk-in patients promptly and efficiently.
- Emergent and trauma care
- Treatment and care of sports-related injuries with expertise in ski injuries, splinting and casting
- Disaster preparedness and response in conjunction with county and pre-hospital agencies
- Occupational health services
- Limited Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Program
Discover what it is like to live and work in Vail!
Hourly Range: $28.22 - 52.40
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick and POOL differential pay
- Cafeteria discounts
- CollegeInvest 529 Plan
- Credit union
- Discounted ski passes
- Health club memberships
- Transportation incentives
- Wireless discounts
- Pharmacy discounts
- Retirement plan
- One-year Critical Care or ER ( Emergency Room / Department) experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state
- Associate Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) ~OR~ Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
Relocation Assistance, Housing & Transportation Options Available to Vail Employees
About Vail Health
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#registerednurse #registerednursejobs #rn #emergencyroom #ER #emergencydepartment #ED #vail #vailhospital #vailhealth #vailCO #Colorado